Tuesday, August 11, 2009

NZ 2.0 - Government, Local Government & Business/Education/Community Information

To me Web 2.0 is the evolution of user participation in the internet and the changes from static pages to pages with the ability for individuals to contribute (or not).

I think it is great that more and more government information is online, it certainly makes finding information that in the past has been tucked away in ANZC more available. I hope that it means that community libraries are finding it easier to locate government information that they may have had to have sent people into Central for in the past.

I overheard our friendly HelpDesk staff member being asked yesterday if CCL is on Facebook - which we aren't yet! - but I know that the UC library is. You can view their profile here . I think it a great strategy by the UC Librarians (especially Deborah *wave*) to engage students in a format which they use everyday and also allows for the user to engage themselves without having to have face to face contact with a scary librarian. [disclaimer: we aren't scary!] I know that the library also has a number of blogs which are frequently added to.

1 comment:

all1s0n said...

yes CCL needs a presence in Facebook among other places and we actually talked about this in the CCLlearn unconference. So, we may be very soon!