Monday, August 17, 2009

NZ GLAM

I have to start this post by saying how much I loved seeing the digital NZ site (although imo the colour is slightly garish) and hope that the user collaboration means some of the ideas being put forward for digitisation do happen soon. Some of these will have a big impact on ANZC and in particular my collection area, i.e. digitising the AJHR's, Hansards and other Parliamentary information will make it much easier to search.

I like the museums site although I think it's a wee bit weird that in the search box you can't limit it by individual museums. A similar site to this is The Community Archive which used to the be the National Register of Archives and Manuscripts. Sites like this certainly make searching easier as often I struggle to remember all the locations of all the archives and museums where customers may be able to find further information beyond what we hold @ CCL.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Having this sort of stuff accessible online is a GREAT resource!