Wednesday, August 12, 2009

RSS, Newsreaders and Podcasts

RSS / Newsreaders
I love love love my Google Reader! I mostly subscribe to wedding and craft blogs + a few other favourites such as:
Dear Prudence (American advice columist - weekly on Fridays)
Dear Abby (another American advice columist - daily)
PostSecret (people post in secrets - very voyeristic!) - possibly not work appropriate!

Except when I first discovered Google Reader I went a little overboard and added about 900 subscriptions to it so I was soon overwhelmed and realised I was missing heaps of postings because they drop off after 30 days which I find v. frustrating! So most of the time if I find a post I want to re-read again I email it to myself for later reference. Anyway now I am slowly pruning my subscriptions down (I have about 400 now and definantly don't get time to read them all)!

Podcasts
I'm not a big Podcast person, mostly because I never seem to have the time to listen to them. I have subscribed to some and tried to keep up with them but again I get very overwhelmed and decide to go back to talking books or my iPod songs rather than podcasts. Personal preference I guess. Also the time I most listen to my ipod is on the bus but I commute in from Burnham and have a group of bus friends so I spend most of my time talking to them rather than listening to my iPod...

Hmmm maybe my problem with Web 2.0 is that I don't have enough time to do it all?

No comments: